Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Since our radios were taken away (because too many mistakes were going through) at work 2 months ago, Claire has gotten really annoying. Her foot-tapping and humming increased. She's gotta find ways to entertain herself, y'know. Nevermind trying to concentrate on how she can help us get our radios back. She also has to listen in on every single conversation and add her little input.

One day the subject was amniocentesis and Becky mentioned that her sister had had that done because her husband was adopted and they didn't know his history. Claire had to comment, "How could any mother do that to her child?" Becky was really offended by that. A few days after that we were on break with Claire. Becky wasn't really talking and Claire kept pressing her on what was bugging her. And then it all came out about the comment and the tapping and the humming and the childish way Claire was reacting to the radios being taken away.

Claire's annoying habits improved after that. But instead of saying to us (me) "I wish I had my radio," she changed it to "I just don't have any stimulation" and "I feel so cut off from the outside world." I tried to just ignore her, but she doesn't seem to take the hint.

She also, as we have determined, doesn't believe that she is part of the problem. As a result, we still do not have our radios back. Her work habits have really gone downhill as well. She's asking questions about things that are pretty obvious and she should know already, and she barely does any work at all.

At this point, Becky and I are getting pretty anxious to get our radios back just to drown out the little annoyances. Oh yea, the tapping and humming is back.

Lisa and Kevin (office manager) had a meeting with Claire and the end of the day today. I wonder what will happen from that. I don't know what the meeting was about, as it is not my business, but I can pretty much guess.

I hope that made sense. It kinda jumped around, since I had a lot to say, but I think I got the basic idea down.